Outlook Express versus Windows mail view/layout

Newuser3477 14:00 27 Nov 07

I have just bought a new Vista installed laptop and started windows mail the new equivalent to Outlook Express. In Outlook Express the view/layout window included a box for "contacts" which then sat below the folders on the left hand side of the outlook express main screen. Clicking on one of the contacts names brought up the "new mail" window with the addressee already inserted in the "to" line.
This is an extremely important short cut for me but I cannot find this facility in the Vista/Windows mail version of outlook express which does not have "contacts" listed under view/layou.
Can I find this anywhere else and insert it?
Peter

anskyber 14:10 27 Nov 07

Contacts is a separate file now in W Mail, there should be a button to show contacts in the command bar.

BurrWalnut 14:11 27 Nov 07

Sadly, it's been removed.

I've settled for having the Contacts in the 'Sidebar' and just click on one to send an email.

anskyber 14:13 27 Nov 07

If not look in Tools, contacts.

Newuser3477 17:41 27 Nov 07

what a shame why do they do it!

Newuser3477 19:11 27 Nov 07

thanks for answers what a shame facility deleted, can we campaign for restitution?
to Burrwalnut
can you advise how to set in side bar I'm not sure I have a side bar yet?
peter

BurrWalnut 19:26 27 Nov 07

There was a campaign to reinstate Contacts right throughout the beta testing phase.

Set up Sidebar:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Sidebar then add the gadgets you want including Contacts.

What I have done is set up a narrowish Sidebar, then dragged Contacts from it to the desktop proper to make it display larger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…