OUTLOOK EXPRESS VERSION 6

joebruce 09:43 18 Jul 03

I CAN NOT DELETE ANY MESSAGES FROM MY DELETE FOLDER IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS.....CAN ANY ONE HELP?

powerless 09:45 18 Jul 03

Why cannot you not delete them, what happens.

Any messages?

Is this a pop3 account or web based?

Jester2K II 11:01 18 Jul 03

If you are using it with Hotmail or some other web based account sometimes you can't do this. Hotmail sometimes allows me to do it and sometimes not through OE.

One of those things. Go back to it a bit later and it might let you.

Brian-336451 11:16 18 Jul 03

You can set the preferences to empty Deleted Items on shutdown, why not use that?

seancblack 11:19 18 Jul 03

there is a known problem with OE6, if you are running XP go to windows update and DL the patch.

powerless 11:55 18 Jul 03

"I try to delete through the nornal way i.e. in the toolss options or right click.....the messege is then highlighted I ask to delete and it is not delete and remeins in the delete box as if I hadn't done anything> pop 3 account"

Scan for a virus.

If the computer is clean...

Restart the computer and keep tapping the F8 key. Now choose SAFE MODE. Open up OE and try and delete the email.

Failing that save any email you wish to keep.

Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store folder > Copy the long path to the folder...

Now go to start > Run > Paste the path to the folder...

Click
Delete the files in there. The reason i say save the emails is because when you delete the file within this folder, your email will be be gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…