Outlook Express Version 6

6511 12:26 31 Aug 03

I have recently upgraded to OE6 form one of PC Advisor discs, however, all my e.mails now have any attachemnts deleted. The message states ' OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your email'.
All my old emails with attachements which i was able to access before are also showing this message.
Can anyone throw any light into how i can solve this problem?
Also, when i access my mail after logging onto the internet through my ISP webpage, instead of allowing me to access my mail, i get a pop-up box which tells me that a connection is already in existance with my ISP and do i wish to use the same connection. I then have to check the box and click okay before being able to download my mail.

steven_frost 12:39 31 Aug 03

OE6 has been updated with service pack one to get you attachments back you need to do the following :-

Turn off the Option to Use the Unsafe File List
To turn off the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus option:
Start Outlook Express.
On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

this does work and in most cases if you still have the emails it will bring back the attachments i do say in most cases but not all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac