Outlook Express - Unsafe attachments ?

chesterfield 17:28 22 Apr 03

I recently installed some Microsoft operating system updates and since then I have found that I am unable to open jpg email attachments. It may be that this affects all image files but I havent discovered that as yet. The image attachment still appears in the body of the email but it is greyed out when I try to save it. There is a message on the top of the email which says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email: x.jpg"

Does anyone know why this has happend and how I can change the settings to allow these images to be saved?

Thanks

hugh-265156 17:41 22 Apr 03

in outlook express go to tools/options/security and untick "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could be potentially be a virus".

martin9831 17:39 17 May 03

Having just switched to XE home & OE 6 I found that all my attachments were being deleted. They can't all be unsafe! One was from myself on my other computer and another was from a five star hotel in London. Perhaps only attachments from Bill Gates himself are considered safe?

I have a similar problem loading software - namely dire warnings not to go ahead. Firstly when I installed the driver for my Olympus camera and then when I installed BT Broadband and the Samsung modem.

Much as I like the XP OS, I do not need a bloody nanny to keep me safe!
Martin9831

TomG 17:56 17 May 03

If you are using Outlook Express trying clicking on forward (as if you were going to send the email on) I understand that you can then access the attachment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced