outlook express on two pcs

chippy+ 20:12 13 Apr 04

could someone help
i have networked my two pcs through a router which works fine but i have two questions if someone could help please
1--Do i have to have two different e-mail programs
2 --I have macafee virus scan
firewall
spamkiller
i have these programs on both computers what do i do to get updates if i change one of the addresses and what happens to the e-mail
thanks chippy

Rayuk 20:56 13 Apr 04

e-mail doesnt matter you can send or receive on either pc with same address.
You would have to look at your license for Macafee to see if you can use it on more than 1 pc[I very much doubt it]

chippy+ 21:49 13 Apr 04

Thanks Rayuk
I have outlook express on both pcs at the moment but when i recieve an email it comes through one or the other not through the same one all the time. I was told I should stop email coming through no 2 pc with outlook settings how do I do this in the settings and stil be able to send
emails
thanks again chippy

Rayuk 18:12 14 Apr 04

Just had a quick look
If you go to Tools/Options/General
Uncheck send and receive box
and also receive box see if that works,then just click on send all[but not receive]
Should work

chippy+ 19:55 14 Apr 04

Hi Rayuk

tried uncheck send and receive box could'nt see a receive box or send all box
what is the normal procedure for e-mail programs on 2 pcs .When I first thought about doing this
I thought the mail went into no 1 pc and then sent or was brought over with file sharing
thanks again for your help and patience
chippy

Rayuk 20:37 14 Apr 04

Check for new messages[box] is what I should have put.

The mail will go to whichever pc you have outlook express open on.

When you open up on pc1 it will check and then if you open up on pc2 it will check for mail also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…