outlook express transfer...?

tnelis 15:03 01 May 03

Outlook express...how do I get my folders of emails from my old pc to my new pc via saving on cd....many thanks.

DieSse 15:12 01 May 03

Make a folder in your new PC - copy the message files from the CD into it (make sure you copy all the files, whatever they're called) - make sure the "Read only" attribute is turned off for the files after the copying is complete.

Run OE - Go to File - Import and follow the wizard. At the appropriete place select "import from a store folder" and browse to the folder you've stored the message files in. continue the wizard and they should all be back in place.

Please note I've deliberately said "message files" to avoid confusion. The things you think of as your Inbox Folder is not a folder on the disk - it's a database file called Inbox.dbx. All the message files are stored together in a single folder - as you will see.

tnelis 16:27 01 May 03

Thanks for this info....but can you also please tell me, step by step, where I find my message files in the computer to begin with.

huzzar 16:32 01 May 03

tnelis... In OE go to Tools - Options - Maintenance - Store Folder there you will see the message file location.

tnelis 17:42 01 May 03

thanks for the help on this one!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…