outlook express with tiscali

lucky shimsham 16:57 29 Oct 05

i'm having a problem with outlook express sending and receiving through tiscali.i have double checked my settings and also phoned tiscali helpline.between us we got it going for a short while.it has now reverted to it's dead state and i can only use email through tiscali's webmail.

any ideas anybody.

many thanks.

alan.

Splork 17:00 29 Oct 05

Do you get an error message from Outlook Express?

i.tech 17:07 29 Oct 05

Check your pop & smtp settings. Goto tools > accounts > mail tab, select your account and click properties > servers tab, should be pop3 server, incoming: pop.tiscali.com outgoing: smtp.tiscali.com.

lucky shimsham 17:16 29 Oct 05

sorry.forgot to include error code.it is Ox800cccof which i believe relates to a modem but as i said earlier we got it going for a while and the settings have been checked,even removed and re-entered.

i.tech 17:19 29 Oct 05

This error message suggests the modem was disconnected. Check for large email or mail blockage via webmail. Are you using the tiscali dialler software, try reinstalling it. Can you get webpages ok? Check for noise on the telephone line - hissing, unusual tone, call waiting etc.

Hamish 17:22 29 Oct 05

click here as the settings could be co.uk and not .com

VoG II 17:22 29 Oct 05
  Hamish 17:25 29 Oct 05

Also type Ox800cccof into Google. There are 400+ pages for that error

lucky shimsham 17:48 29 Oct 05

i'm halfway there.have disabled norton email protection and the send/receive box stays on screen longer but the logon screen appears and won't go even if i try to connect,it keeps reappearing.

Hamish 17:59 29 Oct 05

Try here click here or again type login screen in outlook express in Google

Hamish 18:16 29 Oct 05

Also look at this post click here

I do not use tiscali now so do not know if they have solved that problem.

This will bring your post to the top and someone else may help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…