Outlook Express timing out

French Chemist 13:20 09 Sep 04

Today I started downloading an email that after 30 minutes was still only half done. It timed out because the server disconnected me. A few hours later I had two messages waiting for me, the first again went over 30 minutes and again I was cut off. Now I have 3 messages but cannot get past message number one. Is there any way of getting rid of the first message so I can get at the others? Running OE6 and Windows 98SE.

Ray

Baledor 13:47 09 Sep 04

select synchronization settings and change it to "download new messages only", if the program thinks thats all 3 messages are new then this may not work, I would then try the "download message headers only" and delete the oversize one.

beeuuem 14:50 09 Sep 04

To remove 'stuck' mail from server go to click here navigate to mail and read/delete as required.

THE TERMINATOR 16:55 09 Sep 04

In Outlook Express, Tools menu>accounts>click on properties for your account>advanced tab and increase the server timeout....TT

French Chemist 17:03 09 Sep 04

Followed last suggestion and it worked. Thanks to all for the help. After all that it was just the front page of a brochure and was 6.51 MB as a jpeg. Have had a word with the friend who sent it!!!!

Cheers,

Ray

holly polly 05:20 10 Sep 04

for refrence purposes-thanks-Hol Pol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…