Outlook express takes ages to open.

daz246 16:45 06 Sep 03

This has started to happen even when we swap profiles, any ideas, I have XP and 256MB RAM.

I think it might have something to do with the nvidia media centre that i recently installed, if this is the reason how can you uninstall the program? as i doesn't appear on the add remove programs nor on the programs list.

Jester2K II 17:11 06 Sep 03

NVidia Media Centre is part of the Detonator Drivers.

Right click desktop, select Properties, Settings, Advanced. Select your NVidia Card Tab. Go down the Desktop Utilities and Uncheck Show Display media Centre icon in the Taskbar.

Also try disabling your AV as it maybe scanning your in-boxes whilst it opens.

Also compact your folder in OE and remove all unneeded messages esp those with massive attachments. You can save the attachment to a folder on your PC and delete the messages. Clear the Deleted items too... then compact the folders - Tools menu, Options, Maintainance, Clean Up Now, Compact

JMG 18:41 06 Sep 03

i have had the same problem especially if Win Messenger is installed but not active when you launch Outlook. The solution was to get rid of Win messenger and put on MSN Messenger V6.0 Worked for me.

Peverelli 11:27 07 Sep 03

Is this any help to you? click here

hoverman 12:11 07 Sep 03

I have had a problem with Outlook Express taking a long time to open ever since I removed Messenger. Have just followed the solution provided in Peverelli's link and it has certainly made a difference. Made sure I backed the registry first though to be on the safe side.

daz246 20:17 08 Sep 03

Everyone, tried Nvidia taskbar icon but I have no desktop utilities tab, so no go there.

Tried cleaning up OE and still nothing.

have got MSN 6.0 already installed.

Tried changing the registry from Peverelli's link but still no change.

Anymore ideas??????

JMG 09:17 20 Sep 03

Have you tried removing and reinstalling IE? As outlook Express is a component of that you should at least have a known good starting point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…