Outlook Express sub accounts

Boy Zone 10:24 21 Jan 06

Good morning,

I have created a number of sub account using O/E.
The problem I having is managing them in order to make regular back-ups. I have given each their own name, eg Fred, ALice,Amy. etc..
When I look at the maintenance folder for say; Fred it's:- Doc and setting\Fred\ Local setting\application Data\identitiesWhen I look at say Amy it's:- Doc and settings\user\local and so on.
I have tried to change the name "user" in explorer but it will not let me, as its used by windows. How do I over come this. The other sub account is user _2...

Softstag 12:24 21 Jan 06

I don't think that is possible. These are the profile settings in Windows, and even if you change the user name it keeps the same folder name. Changing it in Explorer (if it were possible) would screw Windows up!

madPentium 13:54 21 Jan 06

Try this, it worked for me....

In your C drive create a folder called something like OE emails. Then create a sub folder name for
each sub account, e.g. Fred, Harry etc.
Open OE for each user, then in tools/options/maintenacne, click on store folder and change it to be the new folder you created for that user. There is one problem to remember tho, should you ever want to recover those emails. Rename the top folder OE emails, to Outlook Express, then it will restore them.

brambles 15:49 21 Jan 06

Boy Zone - I have set up sub accounts for my wife and daughter in O/E but this has been done by setting up separate identities. In OE click on File/Identities/ Add new identity ... I recommend it. Well it works for me anyway & it's a quick way. Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…