Outlook Express-strange characters" ".

SKODANUT 20:12 28 May 08

Five characters   have started to appear on incoming emails which appear to replace the paragraph separation spacing, also preceding commas.

Any ideas what it is and how to rectify Please?

csqwared 20:47 28 May 08

This is what it is :-

"  is the entity used to represent a non-breaking space. It is essentially a standard space, the primary difference being that a browser should not break (or wrap) a line of text at the point that this   occupies."

In other words HTML code. I'm afraid I can't answer the second part of your query though.

csqwared 20:49 28 May 08

I can see trouble ahead - that answer should start with  

csqwared 20:50 28 May 08

Knew it - in case your'e wondering each of those posts contain the five characters you refer to originally but it seems they won't display as the browser is "seeing" them as the non-brealing space referred to.

SKODANUT 22:21 28 May 08

Thanks csqwared - I have received quite a few normal emails from these two senders with no problems. I've seen somewhere that plain text is faster than HTML so can it be rectified from their end? Like many assistance seekers of the Forum I be very much a baffled beginner!. No idea for instance what a non-brealing space is, could be a typing error or genuine computer jargon?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…