Outlook Express stopped working with Hotmail

jrk200203 02 Jul 11

I am using Outlook Express with Hotmail. Upto today morning it was working fine. But after 10 O'clock morning it is showing the below error:

An unknown error has occurred Account."Hotmail",Server. 'smtp.live.com' Protocol SMTP,Server Response 421 service not available [connection refused.too many connections]' Port 25, Secure(SSL) Yes, Server Error:421 Error Number 0x800CCC67

please help me solve the issue.

johndrew 03 Jul 11

Sounds as if there is nothing you can do about this problem as it is a server problem, i.e. it is somewhere at your ISP.

Although I've not heard of it for some time, some ISPs blocked Hotmail when it was being used for Spam and a huge throughput was seen.

jrk200203 03 Jul 11

Hi.. I got the solution. SMTP port is changed from 25 to 587. After putting the SMTP outgoing port 587, then outlook express is working properly with hotmail.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message