Outlook Express stationery question

emmandelo1 22:03 11 Oct 04

Hi all. I have created a letter heading in MS Word. is there any way of converting this .doc so that I can use it as stationery in Outlook Express.

MAJ 22:48 11 Oct 04

Save it (the .doc) as a .html file, emmandelo. Then from OE, browse for and select it from Message > New Message Using > Select Stationery. Or when you're in there, click the Creat New button and follow the Stationery Wizard's instructions.

Pidder 22:48 11 Oct 04

Suggestion. Click the small arrow next to "create mail" then "select stationery". should give the option to go to any folder, - calls for HTML files, not sure what these are.

emmandelo1 22:57 11 Oct 04

Thanks. I've tried that. I can browse to the file and load it okay into OE but then when I click on 'save as stationery' it warns me that it may not display properly as it does not have a background picture (and sure enough, it does not display properly) How do i put a background picture behind it?

MAJ 23:07 11 Oct 04

Save the heading as an image, by either scanning it or taking a screenshot of it.

emmandelo1 23:25 11 Oct 04

Thanks MAJ. Have to be up at 0600 for work so will try that when I get in tomorrow.

Wak 15:20 12 Oct 04

I have just made a picture into a water mark for all my e-mails so this might help.
First make your Letterhead in to a .GIF file using your graphic program.
Then open OE, go to CREATE MAIL/ Format/ Apply Stationery/ More Stationery/ Create New/ Set up Wizard. Tick box for picture then browse to your newly made .GIF file. Position for letter heading (I assume) will be TOP & CENTRE but if you want it to always remain on view in the e-mail, post back and I'll tell you how. (If I can remember!)

emmandelo1 23:18 16 Oct 04

Thanks all, you certainly put me on the right track.
Maj was probably the closest. I have discovered there are various ways of doing this. The simplest was to copy and paste the word .doc into MS Word Web Page Wizard which automatically saves it as HTML. (Saving the original Word .doc as HTML for some reason doesn't work) Then open OE and use the Create New stationery wizard to browse to the file and save it as stationery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…