Outlook Express at Startup

johnlecarre 09:16 23 May 03

I use a 200mHz MMX with 256 mb ram and WinME.It takes a couple of minutes to start up as everything loads.I am on broadband through a router and think the router has its own firewall or at least cannot be seen from the net, do I need to have ZoneAlarm Pro startup on the PC?Before the router ZA often used to warn of a hacking attempt but now with the router it never does.Also is there a way of getting Outlook Express to start and run after boot up so I can use it straight away?Thanks

it sounds like you do not need zone alarm, but i would recommend downloading and readiding the manual for your router to make sure before you take away the safety net.
to start OE at startup put a shortcut to it in your startuo folder in the programs menu.

VoG™ 18:18 23 May 03

You might be interested in this click here

If you put a shortcut to this program in your startup folder it will start OE on startup but minimises OE to the system tray, reducing clutter on the taskbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…