outlook express at startup

hgrock 09:35 09 Oct 06

when i turn my sony laptop on it boots into outlook express, i do not use outlook express, i cannot find the .exe in startup or in the registry "RUN" or anywhere else where there is usually a comand to run a program, does anyone have any ideas on how to stop it without a reinstall

ArrGee 09:47 09 Oct 06

Start - Run - type MSCONFIG and look at the boot up applications. Disable Outlook Express.

hgrock 10:06 09 Oct 06

ArrGee, i have done all that, looked in the registry looked in the startup folder run config and several other programs that show the startup programs and nowhere can the file msimn.exe that opens OE can be found

ArrGee 10:23 09 Oct 06

Do you see msimn.exe running as a process in Task Manager?

hgrock 10:46 09 Oct 06

all that is shown in task manager is outlook express

ArrGee 11:03 09 Oct 06

At a slight loss, but this may help..
click here

xania 12:25 09 Oct 06

Do a search for a folder called <Startup> - there could be quite a few of them in the various folders in <Documents and Settings>. Open each of them in turn and see of any contain a pointer to Outlook Express. If so, delete it in each case to clear the problem.

hgrock 15:43 09 Oct 06

done all that there is nothing in the startup folder, i think ArrGee link is correct it is some sort of malware because some funny things been happening to my email

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced