Outlook Express - Spell Check

Granddad Ray 10:30 24 Apr 05

Although Spell Check is selected every time I send an e-mail I get the following message:_
The Spell Check on this document was halted. Do you wish to send anyway? Whilst I can get round the problem by opting to send anyway, I do not know how to cure it and I do miss the feature. Can you help me?

Stuartli 10:53 24 Apr 05

OE uses the spelling check feature of an application such as Word on your system - perhaps it has been corrupted?

If you do have Word, try going to Help, clicking on the chevrons and selecting Detect and Repair; you will probably need your Word installation disk.

john-232317 10:58 24 Apr 05

Check in ,tools - options - Spelling tab, that spelling is ticked.

VoG II 14:39 25 Apr 05

click here (applies to OE 6 as well)

GroupFC 15:35 25 Apr 05

When I had this problem it was because of the Csapi3t1.dll problem as indicated by VoG™'s "click here".

The file can be obtained from click here and need to be put in Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof.

keatesy 16:40 25 Apr 05

I have had the same problem with Outlook Express, and after visiting many forums it has become apparent to me that alot of people are changing to the Thunderbird email client. I decided to give it a go and am deeply impressed. Not only does it have a spell checker but you can download a dictionary tool for free as well.

Stuartli 19:12 25 Apr 05

Anyone using Thunderbird will probably have to download the English (rather than US) version of the spell checker (spell-en-GB.xpi) from the Mozilla website.

Once installed, switch the default from Tools<Extensions to the English version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…