Outlook Express - Slow Animation

celia785 17:16 17 Nov 10

Hi,
My o/s is XP and my OE 6 runs heavy animations verrry slow. It is so slow that even clicking between the email message with lots of animation to another one is very slow also. Also when I am trying to send/fwd emails with heavy animations it sometimes won't go and OE gives me an error message at the bottom of the window. I have to close OE, open it back up and then send the message.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

celia785

Terry Brown 20:08 17 Nov 10

I assume you mean IE6, which is now out of date,and should be upgraded to at least IE7, and then SP3.

Is your normal graphics OK on other programs, or are they slow as well?

You do not give motherboard details, but I suspect it is a few years old, and that could be the problem

It could also be your graphics card is failing (assuming you have a seperate one)
Terry

iscanut 15:43 18 Nov 10

I think he means his mail client, Outlook Express which is now obsolete.
celia785, try a new email client such as Thunderbird click here

celia785 06:23 19 Nov 10

Thank you guys for responding.

Yes I was referring to Outlook Express.
iscanut I dwnld Thunderbird a few minutes ago and so far I am very please with what I see. I plan to play around with later today. Thanks so much. I appreciate your help.

celia

iscanut 16:05 19 Nov 10

Sorry to call you "He" !!!

celia785 16:20 19 Nov 10

np...
iscanut do you run Thunderbird? If so how do you deal with the issue of getting remote images dwnld without having to approve every message that contains them or not adding those addresses to your address book? What I use my email for 99.9% of the time is remote images from several groups. Each group (made up of over 200) people send remote images daily...I've been looking for an answer and so far no gold.

celia785 18:00 19 Nov 10

ty

iscanut 21:01 19 Nov 10

Sorry, but I only use Thunderbird for basic messages so have no experience of your requirements

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac