Outlook Express Slight Problem

Bingalau 21:35 19 Jan 04

I have just discovered that I have what appears to be a whole heap of items in my folders. of which I had no prior knowledge. They consist of what looks like messages from people I do not recognize. Reminds me of a forum of some kind. They appear under "news.freeserve.com" and "news.freeserve.net" Anyone know where they come from? Why? When? etc. How do I get rid of them?....Bingalau...

DieSse 22:11 19 Jan 04

"How do I get rid of them?...."

Delete them??

They're Newsgroups - right click and "unsubscribe" from them, and they won't arrive any more.

Also go into Tools - Accounts - and delete the newsgroup accounts that you don't want. Clearly Freeserve installs them along with their installation CD, I imagine.

AndyJ 22:12 19 Jan 04

If they start with news. then they're Newsgroups. If you don't want them then right-click on their folder and click on Remove Account

Bingalau 22:16 19 Jan 04

DieSse !
Thanks for that .. I will have a go at that advice right now...Once again "Many Thanks"..Bingalau

Bingalau 22:24 19 Jan 04

DieSse and AndyJ ..Thanks again your advice seems to have worked a treat. I knew I could rely on the folks in this helproom.. Bingalau ..

curlylad 23:03 19 Jan 04

Good advice from DieSse , any time you receive any information/messages from any one and you are unsure of the content don't open/read them.They could contain all manner of nasties.Just delete , if it was from some one you know I'm sure they will let you know .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…