//some 3rd party need geo

outlook express setting up

MICRON1 23:35 15 Feb 04

I want to set up outlook but i'm not sure what to put in the box for incoming mail (is it pop3?)& outgoing mail smtp ?

VoG II 23:36 15 Feb 04

Who provides your mail (your ISP)?

MICRON1 20:20 16 Feb 04

Freeserve

Eric10 21:29 16 Feb 04

To see the settings you need for Freeserve click here

MICRON1 21:15 17 Feb 04

ok still confussed! let me tell you what i'm trying to do. I never could get on with outlook so i started using msn but msn don't let you send big files. I had an outlook account but i've rebooted xp home & don't know how to get it back. So i either want to get that back or set up a new one! thanks.

MICRON1 18:39 23 Feb 04

OK i've tried to set this up i haven't retrieved my old email, but when i send a message i get this :- An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'PICTURES', Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

anchor 09:13 24 Feb 04

Your account set-up should be something like this; as shown on the link given by Eric10.

incoming mail: pop.freeserve.com

outgoing mail: smtp.freeserve.com

account name: microni1.freeserve.co.uk

(or, whatever your freeserve account is called)

password: your password for freeserve

place a tick in remember password.

Jester2K 09:20 24 Feb 04

The easiest way to do this is to reinsert your Freeserve CD and follow the set up instructions until you come to something like "I already have an account" or "Restore my settings" - usually the same screen where you'd choose the account type you want. Then it'll dial up and ask if you for your user name and password. If these are correct it'll reinstall your settings for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…