Outlook Express - Send/Receive hangs

humbug59 14:31 21 Oct 05

I hope someone out there can help with this niggling problem.
When I start Outlook Express, it thinks I'm off-line and displays message do I want to try to connect again? This is despite a perminent connection with wanadoo broadband. When I click to continue it connects, but the first automatic attempt to send/receives just hangs there doing nothing. When I stop it then restart the send/receive, the emails drop in without a problem!!!
I have tried everything to correct it.
In the advanced setting of WinXP firewall I have selected Outlook express as a specific permit.
Its very frustrating.
Thanks for any suggestions.

splork 14:53 21 Oct 05

In OE,check under Tools/Connections that broadband is your only connection, ie there are no old dial up modem numbers left in there.

humbug59 14:19 22 Oct 05

Thanks spork for your suggestion.
I can only see the one broadband connection and no old dial-ups.

splork 14:30 22 Oct 05

Does the same setting appear in Internet Explorer when you have run Outlook Express? The "Work Offline" setting I mean?

humbug59 14:35 22 Oct 05

No. I have no problems at all with Internet explorer. It connects with no problem. The problem in OE seems to be intermitent. Very puzzeling???

splork 14:42 22 Oct 05

All I can suggest is go to Tools/Options/General in Outlook Express, make sure "If my computer is not connected at this time" is set to "Connect even when working offline".

humbug59 14:58 22 Oct 05

Thanks very much splork. I've run oe a few times and problem seems to be resolved. I feel a Dick cos I'm sure I've set that in the past?? Must have got unchecked during a restore.
Thanks again.
Humbug59

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac