Outlook Express Sending Mail

goll_y 19:10 18 Apr 04

I'm having problems sending email from Outlook. It comes up with the following message. Is this just that it can't connect to the server and that I should try it later or should I have ticked something somewhere?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:17 18 Apr 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 19:18 18 Apr 04
  goll_y 19:31 18 Apr 04

Nope that doesn't help. It downloads the email fine, just won't send it.

goll_y 19:37 18 Apr 04

Fixed it!!

QQAA 19:54 18 Apr 04

i have never heard that the web-based "Yahoo! Mail" click here email client has provided a SMTP protocol for sending outgoing mails from normal email clients such as "Outlook Express" or "Eudora".

i would assumed it does not provide a SMTP server for its registered users. even if it does provide one, it would almost certainly be classified as a separate premium service which must ultimately involve some cash outlay from your pocket.

QQAA 20:08 18 Apr 04

ok, now i think i got it. yours is the web-based "Yahoo! Mail Plus" click here from yahoo.com, which provides the SMTP server facility for you to send outgoing mails from a normal POP3 email client inside your pc.

goll_y 17:43 20 Apr 04

No I've still got the problem. Don't use Yahoo Mail Plus and the emails send occasionally but not all the time. Please help!!

QQAA 21:31 26 Apr 04

so far, have you notified the customer service of "Yahoo! Mail Plus" regarding the inability to send outgoing mails from your POP3 email client (Outlook Express) ?

it seems strange that they do not provide any link to their customer service in their website. i wonder if this is because there are too many similar cases from registered users for them to handle ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…