outlook express question

mr gee 18:16 12 Oct 03

I have outlook express here on my desktop and also on the laptop, If I am connected on the desktop the E-mails will of course come down on here ,sometimes I collect e-mails from the laptop and of course I then have mail on there but not on here how can I keep both up to date?
I know that I haven't explained myself very well but Ithinkyou will get the idea what I am trying to do

Thanks for your help in advance

Sam Witch 19:48 12 Oct 03

No easy answer...

When you login on the desktop all mail is downloaded to that computer, when you login on the laptop all mail is downloaded there.

There are mail applications that leave the mail on the server but this can cause problems with account sizes.

Also briefcase applications that allow settings and files to be the same on each system. do a search

I notced this is an irritation on occasions so setup another e-mail account for my own use and when on desktop send stuff I want to keep there and then download on the laptop and vise-versa.

dont forget which sent it or you get it twice.

mr gee 22:28 12 Oct 03

thanks fella's brilliant leaving laptop messages on server did the trick ----brilliant thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…