outlook express probs again

campal 17:28 06 Mar 07

I cannot receive emails by outlook express althogh i can recive them if i go to virgins web site. Is there a better programme than outlook express with which i can receive both virgin and hotmail emails?

keith-236785 17:35 06 Mar 07

my suggestion would be to check your firewall settings to make sure that OE is being allowed to connect to the internet.

this could also be a quirk of Zone Alarm 7.5, i had this issue for quite a while, i now dont have ZA on my system anymore and can recieve e-mails as i did before.

campal 17:39 06 Mar 07

my firewall is virgins and it will allow access for outlook express

campal 17:39 06 Mar 07

my firewall is virgins and it will allow access for outlook express

keith-236785 20:41 12 Mar 07

sorry i have been so long coming back, my suggestion now is for you to UNINSTALL the virgin firewall and try your e-mail again, once you have tried this please re-install your original firewall and hopefully things will work ok, if not and they did whilst you had no firewall then contact virgin for a reason/workaround.

if you could still not connect then i would assume that somewhere along the lines you have got a wrong setting/password setup in OUTLOOK EXPRESS.

goint into OE and clicking on tools/accounts, mail tab at the top and click on the virgin account, then properties, then the servers tab, check your user name and password are right, maybe you had cap lock on when you did the password!!!

as you say you can connect directly through virgin then you know the account is ok, so the fault must be with OE and its settings/account setup.

campal 20:59 12 Mar 07

i have found the problem it is virgin security suite gone back to my old one and al is ok(good ol virgin lol)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…