outlook express problems

conigio 15:32 12 Feb 08

My computer is connected to the internet through a NETGEAR Router DG834G.No problems with that,but when I try to read my email with outlook express it will not connect and shows an error797.
This says the modem is not connected,whereas I know it is,and is working okay.also the address book does not work.What am I doing wrong.?
I logged onto a site advertised on pc advisor,to scan outlook express for problems and that came up with 642 problems,and if i send them some money they would fix the problems,or maybe not.
Microsoft defender ran a scan and did not find any problems.
so I ran search and destroy,again no problems.
What is going on.? HELP.
conigio.

recap 21:51 12 Feb 08

Check you have the latest Modem driver.

buzzwold 09:44 13 Feb 08

Check your settings in Outlook Express. I had the same problem some time ago with a wireless router and for some inexplicable reason they had altered and reset and I could no longer access the program.

conigio 11:47 14 Feb 08

Thank you for your suggestions,
I checked outlook express,anmd every thing works okay. I think it is time to reset the router and start again from scratch.
conigio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…