Outlook Express Problems

wsdxh09 02:30 06 Mar 07

A few related problems, would be obliged if anyone could help...

Running win 98 se, 2mb BT Openworld Broadband Connection

1. I keep losing mail from my inbox, every few weeks, it just disappears after I close down and restart, inbox is empty but all other folders are intact, I assume the missing mail is stored in a folder somewhere, can anyone tell me where and how to reinstate what must be about 150 mail items.

2. When I go to send mail I get an unknown error has occurred screen and the only way to send mail is to shut down Outlook Express then send when the message 'you have unsent messages in your outbox do you wish to send them now'comes up.

3. Occasionally I am unable to read the message part of my mail, although the preview info is available, box reads 'folder could not be displayed', 'Low disc space', Low memory'.
I have cleared out any large attachements from all the folders and constantly empty the recycle bin.

4. Other times I have to shut down Outlook Express when the warning 'MSIMN illegal operation'pops up.

Taff™ 08:22 06 Mar 07

click here Is this the type of message you get with number 4 - it could possible be the cause of number 2 Try following the link to rebuild the telephon.ini file.

wsdxh09 00:03 07 Mar 07

Thanks Taff...yes getting 'MSIMN performed an illegal action' I checked the Telefon.ini file and it already contained the correct settings.

beeuuem 01:28 07 Mar 07

It sounds as if the inbox folder is corrupted. This click here
may help.

wsdxh09 22:07 11 Mar 07

Many thanks beeuuem, loads of help in that link, I have compacted all folders and although it seemed to hang up on the out box, I just kept on repeating the process...two days later and all is well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…