Outlook Express problems

solano 13:53 30 Jan 04

Hi

I have 80 messages awaiting collection on my mail server. I try to download them via OE and it keeps getting stuck on message 20 (after downloading the first 19) - it is unable to download the message. I don't think it is a message size issue as I have a broadband connection and have left it open for half an hour. I then have to restart the PC and go back into OE. I then get the first 19 messages again - and it gets stuck again on number 20...repeat ad-infinitum!

Any Ideas, thanks

Diodorus Siculus 14:08 30 Jan 04

Install MailWasher and have a look at what is on your pop3 server. If there is a problem mail, you can delete it with MW.

Perhaps your mail provider gives web access. If so, have a look via the web.

tbh72 14:09 30 Jan 04

Who is your ISP? They should give you clear information about using "Telnet Services" to log into your mail account & delete the offending message thus allowing OE to successfully download the remainder.

If you are having trouble finding the information you require post back & we can help you further.

vinnyo123 14:26 30 Jan 04

it seems like one of your e-mails is to large or corrupt that you have in your inbox.You have to get it and delete it .Your ISP(assuming your using this for e-mail) can do this for you.You didn't mention your ISP or if your using works mail server.Anyway's you can also get to it if your ISP has a webmail sight.As for your connection it is fast but your email server most likely has a size quota for emails.

post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…