outlook express problems.

I-W 13:11 19 Dec 03

Im using xp with aol isp and i want to use outlook express but everytime i start up outlook express i get the following 2 error reports:- The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'MICROSOFTMAIL', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'MICROSOFTMAIL', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Can anyone please help me. thankyou

Jester2K II 13:14 19 Dec 03

1) You can't use AOL with OE.

2) Options, Accounts and look at the Mail tab. Are any of those account listed needed. Delete those that don't need to be there and correct the info in any that do. OE is trying to connect to non-existent or incorrectly configured accounts.

Jester2K II 13:14 19 Dec 03

Thats Tools Menu, Accounts etc etc

Dipso 13:17 19 Dec 03

This could help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…