Outlook Express problems !

curlylad 23:38 22 Sep 03

Hi Folks,
I am experiencing all sorts of recuring problems with my outlook express regarding sending and receiving e-mails , and I have about had enough!
Can someone please tell me in an idiot proof way , how I can delete outlook express and then re-install it without the errors?
Is there perhaps a tool I can use to do this for me , or that can at least tell me what the problem is ?
As ever , tanx in anticipation .

powerless 23:41 22 Sep 03

Operating system?

curlylad 23:46 22 Sep 03

Sorry Powerless , I am not very good yet at computing or the lingo there of , can I have that question in laymans terms , sorry for being a pest .

powerless 23:51 22 Sep 03

On you computer there is the piece of software known as the operating system. In other words it is what you use when you are using your computer. Everything you use will be through the operating system.

An example of an operating is, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP.

If you are unsure, go to start, run and type:

click ok and up will pop your operating system.

Kitz E Kat 23:55 22 Sep 03

And a detailed description of the problem's...

Like what is the problem?

kitz E kat

lester1 00:29 23 Sep 03

There is a tool to delete previous OE entrys from the registry. Sorry I don't have a link but visit microsoft and download OE5RegClean

Hope this helps

curlylad 00:36 23 Sep 03

Powerless and Kitz E Kat,
The operating system is Windows98,
The problems are as follows :-
a) when I try to send an e-mail a window appears with O.E. top left for a few secs , then it goes off again and it does not send the e-mail.When I then come out of O.E. , a window appears telling me I have an unsent message in my mail box and would I like to send it.I then click OK , but it still does not send it.

b) I get this message:-
There was a problem logging onto your mail server , your password was rejected.Account curly server pop tiscali.co.uk.Protocol POP3.Server response ERR(SYS/PERM)mail box locked by a POP3 session. Port 110,secure (SSL)no server error 0x800CCC90 ERROR NUMBER 0x800CCC92.

c)I also get this message if I click the send/receive icon on the toolbar:-
Message number/ could not be retrieved account curly server pop tiscali.co.uk.Protocol POP3 server response ERR cannot open disk file error 2 port 110, secure (SSL)No server error 0x800CCC90, error number 0x800420 CD.

I hope this helps .

Megatyte 01:00 23 Sep 03

Open Outlook Express and click on Tools(on the top Toolbar). Select Accounts and double click on the Tiscali account. Click on the 'Servers' tab(at the top) and check that the Outgoing mail(SMTP) window is entered as - smtp.tiscali.co.uk

If it's pop.tiscali.co.uk then change it(Incoming mail(POP3) should be pop.tiscali.co.uk).

curlylad 01:13 23 Sep 03

When I had a look , my incoming and outgoing information was already in order so didn't have to change it, thanks for trying though.

Megatyte 01:14 23 Sep 03

Incidentally, are you receiving e-mails OK?

Megatyte 01:23 23 Sep 03

It's a Username or password problem. To try and resolve it..

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…