//some 3rd party need geo

outlook express problem-very very urgent

pooperscooper 09:02 07 Jun 06

Hi, I am using outlook express with xp home....a few days ago it stopped sending and receiveing on one of my e-mail addresses. It downloads all my other e-mails but with this one It keeps asking for the password which, when I put it in the box the box just pops up again, I have used this e-mail address for months so I know there is nothing wrong with it. I even went to a mates house to enter it into their outlook express because I am waiting for some very, very urgent e-mails, it didn't work on his either. It gives me this error message 0x800ccc92 I have been onto the microsoft website and it does actually give you a file to download to stop this problem, so they obviously realise its a problem with them. Anyway I did as they said but the e-mail address still wont work, how on earth can I get my mail as there is potentionally a lot of money waiting for me to collect as I use this e-mail address for business. Can anyone help me please..Thanks in advance Val

Jackcoms 09:08 07 Jun 06

System Restore

VoG II 09:11 07 Jun 06
  pooperscooper 09:12 07 Jun 06

Thanks Vog I will try this, but if the problem is with my computer and not their servers why didn't this e-mail address work on my friends computer, I just want to clear this with you before doing as you ask....Val

pooperscooper 09:13 07 Jun 06

jackcoms, what do you mean for me to do in system restore????

beynac 09:36 07 Jun 06

Are you sure that the email address is still active? It sounds to me as if it has expired or been deactivated. I suggest you contact your service provider.

Jackcoms 09:37 07 Jun 06

Restore your system to a time before the problem started occurring.

Start; Accessories; System Tools; System Restore

pooperscooper 09:45 07 Jun 06

Vog...I have now done this but it is still not working...beynac...the e-amil address couldn't have expired because I use it every day without fail. And thanks Jackcoms, but that still doen't explain why the e-mail address doesn't work on my friends computer...Any more suggestions?....Val

Jackcoms 09:50 07 Jun 06

"but that still doen't explain why the e-mail address doesn't work on my friends computer"

Possibly because your friend is using a different ISP to you.

Try System Restore. If that doesn't work, contact your ISP as has already been suggested.

pooperscooper 09:54 07 Jun 06

Thanks everyone Val

Jackcoms 09:55 07 Jun 06

So, you've solved it, then.

How?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…