Outlook Express problem sending mail.

leedaz 14:31 15 Feb 06

Getting this error message when trying to send email on newly installed XP PRO system.

VBScript: McAfee virus scan.
----------------------------
Command sent was: RCPT TO: EMAIL ADD>

Response received is: 550 RCPT TO: EMAIL ADD> Relaying not allowed-please use SMTP AUTH

McAfee security center is installed.

Any ideas how I can get OE to work? Have done a google and still clueless. TIA.

leedaz 14:32 15 Feb 06

<> less than sign not showing in my post b4 EMAIL ADD>

leedaz 14:32 15 Feb 06

<EMAIL ADD>

leedaz 17:00 15 Feb 06

I disabled virus scan of email an tried to send again, this time got an OE error message (not mcafee error message) does anyone know why this is happening?

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was [email protected]'. Subject ', Account: 'mail.virgin.net', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 RCPT TO:<[email protected]> Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

leedaz 17:10 15 Feb 06

OK Sorted found solution here...
click here

Problem
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'.
Subject 'Title Sun 1.19pm', Account: 'test', Server:
'smtp.fast2host.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Authentication is required for relay', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550,Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Solution
Have you checked that authentication is turned on in Outlook? Under Servers,
ensure that the "My server requires authentication" box is checked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…