outlook express problem with links in messages

Newuser3477 11:38 05 Jun 07

I receive several e-mail messages which contain links to other web sites. When I click (single or double) on these the Outlook Express programme stops responding. There is no problem closing down with Task manager, but interestingly Task Manager does not show OE as not responding until I click on "end task".
I also have a Favorites folder on my desktop and when I click on a short cut to a web site exactly the same freeze takes place.
Any ideas what is happening
Thanks

recap 09:10 06 Jun 07

Check your Event Viewer for any error in the Application or System options. You can find the Event Viewer in Control Panel/Administrative Tools when using Windows XP.

Post any errors relating to the problem and somebody may be able to help you further.

Newuser3477 18:57 06 Jun 07

Will do
Thanks
Peter

SANTOS7 19:02 06 Jun 07

This problem usually occurs if your default browser has changed from Internet Explorer to any other browser. Or your Internet Explorer is corrupted and needs repair.

these steps may solve this problem.

1. Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs Tab
2. Click on Reset Web Settings -> Ok
3. Click on Advanced tab
4. Click Restore Defaults.

Newuser3477 23:02 06 Jun 07

Following Santos7 analysis I decided to download the latest version of Internet Explorer7 from Microsoft web site. This is equivalent to a repair I guess. Anyway the problem has not reoccurred and it is also cured for the shortcuts in my favorites folder.
Again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac