outlook express problem i think !

temps34 17:33 22 Mar 08

when trying to send e.mails i.e booking online.i get this message: The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop.sky.com', Server: 'pop.sky.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90. the problem started when i changed my isp a.o.l to sky.i opened an account with yahoo and can send e.mail through it, but not when clcking on directly to a company ? i can't explain properly for example if i'm on a holiday site booking a holiday if i go through the booking form then try to send e.mail i get that message , but if i forward an e.mail through yahoo it's o.k. how do i clear O.E and start again? sorry if this does'nt make sense but ..

mfletch 17:44 22 Mar 08

May be your AVG is still trying to connect to aol

Try reinstalling AVG and start a fresh setup

Graham. 17:49 22 Mar 08

Make Outlook Express your default mail handler? Tools, Options, General.

beeuuem 18:34 22 Mar 08

It appears that the settings are incorrect.eg Server: 'pop.sky.com'
To send mail you use smtp. In OE go to the account and under properties > server tab enter 'smtp.tools.sky.com' in the SMTP box.
See click here and click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…