outlook express problem after hard drive installed

buckeye 13:10 27 Sep 07

New HDD installed..everything is o.k. except outlook express..it keeps coming up with the following messages:-
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection, Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.Account'pop.ntlworld.com',Server'pop.ntlworld.com'.Protocol:SMTP,Port 25 Secure(SSL):Yes,Error number 0x800CCC0E.

And

The connection to the server has failed.Account:'pop.ntlworld.com',Server:'pop.ntlworld.com'.Protocol:POP3, port 995,Secure(SSL):Yes, Socket error: 10060, error number 0x800CCC0E. Anyone help ?

howard64 14:16 27 Sep 07

you need to set the pop values in tools - account - mail - most use something like receive pop.btinternet.com and outgoing smtp.btinternet.com but of course with your isps details.

martjc 14:21 27 Sep 07

...contact Virgin [ntl] and get the correct values for the servers you use. Once entered, as howard64 says, you'll be ok.

buckeye 14:42 27 Sep 07

Contact with Virgin will be last resort...although maybe inevitable...£1 PER MINUTE..ouch

howard64 15:00 02 Oct 07

just found this again buckeye I can still use my old ntl email and that is pop.ntlworld.com and smtp.ntlworld.com enter them and see if it does the trick.

martjc 15:37 02 Oct 07

...as far as I know, the max charge is 25p. p.m.
Unless anyone knows different...

FreeCell 16:17 02 Oct 07

MS article may help. Your error mesage is included as symptom.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac