outlook express problem after hard drive installed

buckeye 13:10 27 Sep 07

New HDD installed..everything is o.k. except outlook express..it keeps coming up with the following messages:-
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection, Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.Account'pop.ntlworld.com',Server'pop.ntlworld.com'.Protocol:SMTP,Port 25 Secure(SSL):Yes,Error number 0x800CCC0E.

And

The connection to the server has failed.Account:'pop.ntlworld.com',Server:'pop.ntlworld.com'.Protocol:POP3, port 995,Secure(SSL):Yes, Socket error: 10060, error number 0x800CCC0E. Anyone help ?

howard64 14:16 27 Sep 07

you need to set the pop values in tools - account - mail - most use something like receive pop.btinternet.com and outgoing smtp.btinternet.com but of course with your isps details.

martjc 14:21 27 Sep 07

...contact Virgin [ntl] and get the correct values for the servers you use. Once entered, as howard64 says, you'll be ok.

buckeye 14:42 27 Sep 07

Contact with Virgin will be last resort...although maybe inevitable...£1 PER MINUTE..ouch

howard64 15:00 02 Oct 07

just found this again buckeye I can still use my old ntl email and that is pop.ntlworld.com and smtp.ntlworld.com enter them and see if it does the trick.

martjc 15:37 02 Oct 07

...as far as I know, the max charge is 25p. p.m.
Unless anyone knows different...

FreeCell 16:17 02 Oct 07

MS article may help. Your error mesage is included as symptom.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…