outlook express problem

n4165si 15:30 12 Sep 09

I cannot get past an error which keeps popping up when i select to receive my e.mails
it is
Pop Wanadoo.co.uk
protocol pop 3 port 110
secure[ssl]
no socket error 11004
error 0x800CCCoD
and i cannot receive any e.mail
I have reset Internet Explorer
and looked at tools and options in Outlook Express and can find no problems i have also tried System restore but no good .
The pop up panel keeps saying part 1 of 2 have been done but doesn't seem to complete part 2
any ideas please

ened 15:45 12 Sep 09

You could try creating a new account in OE and set it as 'default'.

But if this is a sudden problem and, as far as you are aware you hadn't done anything to cause it, it is most probably a problem at their end and will be fine by tomorrow.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:52 12 Sep 09

click here

There seems to be a spate of problems with Orange email at the moment there is another thread on this page with the same problem,although my orange connection is fine, maybe there is a problem with the server in your area.

n4165si 16:09 12 Sep 09

ened and Fruit Bat /\0/\
Thank you for your replies ,and i will attempt to add a new e.mail account ,what happens when i use the same name and e.mail address will it tell me that this one is already taken?

bretsky 16:32 12 Sep 09

Could be related to this click here

brestsky ;0)

ened 16:57 12 Sep 09

After what Fruit Bat /\0/\ said I should just wait and see if it rectifies itself.

What I was suggesting simply means deletiong your old account and setting up a new one, making sure you have the correct settings. It will automatically become the default.

n4165si 14:35 13 Sep 09

It seems to have righted itself and i haven't changed the Wanadoo to Pop.Orangehome.co.uk either but i am now getting a small panel coming up with , Error, invalid password ,although i have not changed it.how can i get rid of the logon popup panel which keeps appearing when i select Outlook Express,and what do i have to do to correct the invalid password problem.
thank you

Sea Urchin 16:18 13 Sep 09

Probably still part of the same problem - may clear itself at the ISP's end.

You say it seems to have righted itself - are you therefore now able to send and receive mail - or is the password query stopping you?

n4165si 14:05 14 Sep 09

Sea Urchin
Ithink it was part of Orange fault .It has now righted itself and all is okay
Thanks for the help

Sea Urchin 14:21 14 Sep 09

A happy outcome - thanks for feedback.

ened 14:41 14 Sep 09

I used to be with Freeserve but I think they all do it.

If it happens again and you are not aware of any changes in your machine DO NOT change any of your settings even if they tell you to.

I used to fall for it when I would telephone to ask if they were aware of any problems and the answer was always most emphatically not. Then they would get me changing stuff which was all a red-herring and possibly caused further problems whan they rectified the fault at their end.

Now, older and wiser, I either wait or telephone and ask the question, rejecting any advice. Recently with AOL I had no connection and eventually they reluctantly admitted they had a problem. That was after complete denials for about five minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…