Outlook Express problem

carper 10:35 24 Dec 07

I am without my Outlook Express function and mt ISP has tested all connections and says that I will need to reinstall it I know this is Christmas eve but could someone please talk me through it. It would be most appreciated. Merry Christmas Regards Carper

anskyber 10:37 24 Dec 07

When you say reinstallit, do you mean Outlook Express as a program or do you mean set up the email account from scratch?

anskyber 10:39 24 Dec 07

If the first click here

anskyber 10:45 24 Dec 07

Sorry, I realise you asked to be talked through it.

To be able to answer the question of "reinstalling" Outlook Express we need to know which browser you are using, is it IE6? If not are you on IE7 and is your operating system XP or Vista?

carper 15:45 24 Dec 07

Thanks anskyber I am at the moment studying your link but I have IE7 installed and I am running XPHome SP2
I'll post back with my results

carper 15:55 24 Dec 07

Further to my previous post the error message is as follows

The server responded with an error. Account: 'mail.bulldoghome.com', Server: 'mail.bulldoghome.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

I don't know if this is helpful as it mentions AVG which I use as antivirus. My server tested the line with AVG disabled. carper

carper 10:35 03 Jan 08

Any further thoughts anyone? It has been suggested that I find the file msoe50.inf and click install, but I have had no finding it. Any help anyone. Regards Carper

MAJ 10:50 03 Jan 08

The error message suggests that AVG's email checking function is to blame, I would try uninstalling AVG first, try OE again, if all is okay, re-install AVG. I would have suggested temporarily disabling the email scanner function within AVG, but you have already tried disabling AVG without success.

carper 09:55 09 Jan 08

Any other suggestions anyone please???
Carper

johnnyrocker 10:00 09 Jan 08

what results so far?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 10:02 09 Jan 08

you could click here= and see what happens.

johnny,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…