outlook express problem

pooperscooper 09:43 29 Aug 07

Hi, To back up all my e-mails I use an excellent program that I got from here called outlook express backup. I have bought a new computer and it has windows vista on iy, my old one had windows xphome, I have tried to get my e-mails back and this program wont work on Vista, It worked a treat on XP home, has anyone got any ideas??? the file extension for the back-up program is .oeb

octal 10:59 29 Aug 07

Vista isn't mentioned in the system requirements click here, so I think you've had it using that program. The only thing I can think of is asking a friend with XP to load the program on their computer then use the Microsoft system of backing up emails to put them back on your computer click here

Karakorum 17:39 29 Aug 07

Just out of interest, is the file extension for email files in Vista somehow different from XP?

In WinXP it's .dbx for Outlook Express or .pst for all your Outlook data. Is it different in Vista? (I obviously don't have it.)

On XP I have my Outlook Express store folder set to a different drive than C, so that I don't lose them if I reinstall the OS. I also keep another backup of that folder as well just to be on the safe side.

The OE store folder can be set under Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder > Change.
You'll need to stop and restart OE after changing it though.

Can't you just copy your XP OE store folder and drop it into Vista?
Guess not, from seeing your query.

Graham. 23:31 29 Aug 07

If you have both computers, forget the back-up and link them both together. Then you can transfer your email data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…