Outlook Express Problem

Bun 16:55 14 Sep 06

Hi all.
Some kind soul has upgraged me from Windows ME to XP and thought he had transferred most of the stuff over. Problem is he saved everything but when I look in my Outlook Express address book ther are loads of people missing. Is ther a file ext I need to look for and if so if I get it where do I put it. I know how tempting it must be to provide a witty answer but be kind I am having a disastrous week.
Bun

johnnyrocker 16:59 14 Sep 06

a search for *dbx files would help i feel or you could try file/import export for original address book?
good luck

johnny.

terryf 16:59 14 Sep 06

Search for a file called yourname.wab or *.wab

terryf 17:07 14 Sep 06

PS if you find more than one, the latest should be in C:\docs & settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\address book. you could try renaming yourname.wab to yourname.old and rename any others to yourname.wab then go to oe and see if you have recovered the names. Then export the file to a CSV file that you can look and edit with notepad or textpad

Bun 17:49 14 Sep 06

Found *dbx files which did give me back some info. Can only find 2 *wab files but when i open them they are both empty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…