outlook express problem

rosie12 18:02 29 May 06

Hi, I have set up my laptop to download my e-mails when I am using it out and about. It downloads my messages ok but it wont let me send replies, I have set it up exactly the same way as my PC at home so why wont it send, only receive....Any Ideas?.I am using outlook express and win XP home on both machines....Thanks

BBez 18:07 29 May 06

may be a server authentication checkbox that you have / haven't checked on the laptop configuration, best to check ISP's Outlook Express settings, some ISP's have an auto config file you can download from the website... also, check firewall rules etc on laptop...

rosie12 18:18 29 May 06

Tried those things and it's still not sending mail, when the error message comes up it says that it might be a network problem, I am sharing my broadband connection with the laptop and PC at the moment.

Taff™ 18:54 29 May 06

Ah! At home you have an ISP and you use their SMTP (Outgoing) Server. Say you now go to someone elses house who use a different ISP and you connect their BB modem although you will receive mail you can`t send it.

You need to set up another account (or temporarily change yours) with their SMTP settings. The incoming remains the same.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:21 29 May 06

Firewall may be blocking outgoing messages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…