Outlook Express problem

Meshuga 19:09 10 Jul 04

My OS is XPHOME on broadband. When I click on OE I open the oe page and in the centre is a dialogue box which says " A dial-up network connection is already established to "dial-up connection" Below this are 2 white dots. One is blank and there are the words "Try to locate server on current connection" The other white dot has a black dot in it and says "Hang up and dial "Dial-up connection 2" But I dont have a connection 2.That was deleted when my ISP package was upgraded. The only way I can email is to put the black dotinto the other white dot and use the already dialled up connection. How can I rectify this situation please? Would renameing the current dialup icon as dialup conn2 work.? Meshuga.

VoG II 19:20 10 Jul 04

In Outlook express, Tools/Options, Connections tab. Change button. You should see your old dial-up connection listed. "Tick" Never dial a connection, click Apply, then OK.

Diodorus Siculus 19:22 10 Jul 04

Have you had a look in the account settings; there will be one there telling OE to pick up mail from the account being mentioned.

Tell it to pick mail via any available connection.

Sorry this is vague; I have removed OE from my machine.

Diodorus Siculus 19:25 10 Jul 04

Should have known that someone who knows what they are talking about would get in before me...

Meshuga 19:43 10 Jul 04

Many thanks VoG, will try your suggestion tomorrow as the problem is on another PC.
Thanks also to you Diodorus Siculus, will check yours too. Will post back. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 08:20 11 Jul 04

Have tried both suggestions from VoG and Diodorus Siculus but neither worked. Have overcome the problem by reinstalling all the settings. Thanks for your help. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…