outlook express problem

medicine man 20:32 21 Mar 04

I am having trouble with using OE.
Previously all was well, but now when I log on I always get this message (see below).
I can still send messages no problem, but cannot receive any. Any ideas and help would be very welcome. I am a bit of a technophile, and simple explanations would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
MM

Error Message:-

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail1.xxxxxxx.org.uk', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

GaT7 20:49 21 Mar 04

Sometimes just rebooting your PC solves the problem, otherwise...

This should help - click here . It's on the Tiscali website but most are general t'shooting things to try for this error & other links as well.

If no joy after trying all solutions on the website above please post back.

Wilham 21:29 21 Mar 04

It's worth checking 'sent' messages have actually gone out. Some of mine hadn't and I'm now fairly sure it was Norton 2003,which I'd newly upgraded with latest virus checks. Vetting the out mail took too long, so OE had a timing problem.

I had the help from this forum and unticked the Norton 'mail out' box. No bother since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…