outlook express problem

anoif 16:05 26 Sep 03

hello,
after i have used outlook express, and close it down,an error pops up msimn.exe-application error.the instruction at "0x775215e
referenced memory at"0x007f4774" the memory could not be written,click ok to terminate program.
HUGO

Jungle 16:59 26 Sep 03

Try this from Microsoft :

To resolve this behavior, move all of the .dbx files to another location, and then import them back into Outlook Express:

Create a folder named BackupMail on your Desktop.
Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.

In the Named box, type *.dbx, and then click Find Now. Note the path of the file name and location of your mail folders (the files that end in *.dbx).

Note that if you use identities, users all have their own mail folders.
Copy and paste the .dbx files in the mail folders into the BackupMail folder that you created on your Desktop. Verify that the Folders.dbx file has been copied to the BackupMail folder.

This file is necessary for the import functions in Outlook Express.

Start Outlook Express 5.
On the File menu, point to Import, and then click Messages. Click Microsoft Outlook Express 5.Click Import mail from OE5 store directory, and then locate the mail folder that you created.

When you receive the prompt to select the mail folder that you want to import, click All Folders.

Regards Jungle

anoif 16:44 28 Sep 03

hello again,
I have tried response from jungle,
but to no avail,i transferred 8 dbx files to
backup mail folder,but when i transferred them to outlook express 6,only 6 were transferred,
wizard confirmed files were successfully trans-
ferred,also noticed instruction at 0x775215e and
0x007f4774 changed to 0x77f5215e and 0x007f47c4

ANOIF

Djohn 18:12 28 Sep 03

This is a well know problem, but no one has yet found the best solution. It tends to happen more with some virus checkers than others. AVG being one of them. Also we had quite a few threads running with this problem back in March of this year. Clearing the .DBX files does not always cure the problem.

The most common denominator was AVG and Freeserve as your ISP. Regards. j.

anoif 21:04 28 Sep 03

hello djohn'
thanks for your reply,having tried
with the dbx files, three times i now have my e-mails in triplicate how do i remedy this.
anoif

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…