Outlook Express printer greyed out

Carafaraday 16:20 16 Nov 05

Can anyone tell me why in Outlook Express the printer option is greyed out? I am unable to right click and print either.
Have just had to reinstall everything after an overzealous HP repair man reset the system when replacing a power unit under guarantee.
The printer is working ok from Word.

Carafaraday 16:24 16 Nov 05

PS Have just made sure the printer is set as default (it wasn't - fax was). Can now print by right click method, but printer on tool bar is still greyed out.

Skyver 16:24 16 Nov 05

Perhaps it just needs a reboot to cure the latter problem.

Carafaraday 16:34 16 Nov 05

Thanks, will try that...........

Carafaraday 16:41 16 Nov 05

Have tried a reboot but with no success - the printer is still greyed out........

Carafaraday 18:55 16 Nov 05

Anyone out there got any ideas about this, please?

GaT7 19:09 16 Nov 05

Try a sfc /scannow click here, or failing which, an IE repair click here (should take care of OE too). G

Carafaraday 22:33 16 Nov 05

Thanks for your reply.

I'm a bit scared by the scannow thing. IE is working fine - can print directly from it (and from Word).

GaT7 17:55 17 Nov 05

Carafaraday, OK no problem - at least you can still print by right-clicking : )

I've run the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) a few times & it has never made anything worse (MS article about it click here).

As OE is part of IE, repairing IE helps to repair OE too (MS article click here).

I read somewhere, of the two, running the SFC tool is the 'better' option & ideally should be attempted first. G

Carafaraday 18:42 17 Nov 05

Many thanks for your reply. I was brave enough this morning to run the scannow thing but it didn't find anything - at least I presume it didn't as I left it to get on with it, and when I came back it had disappeared (if you know what I mean).
I think I'll just live with it for the time being but thanks for your interest and support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…