Outlook Express picture reduction

Johnny Pepper 21:16 20 Feb 04

When I insert a picture into the body of an email message it is far too big. I read somewhere that there is a way of reducing the picture size before inserting it into the email. Does anyone know how it can be done?

bretsky 23:10 20 Feb 04

If you are using xp, go to my pictures and select the picture you want to send and in the left hand pane you will see under file and folder tasks, email this file, click on that and another window will open so you can resize your photo.

When you have done this, click ok and the photo will be attached to your email the recipient when opened, should see your email in all its glory photo and all.

Good luck

bretsky;o)

Diodorus Siculus 23:16 20 Feb 04

Get irfanview and save the pic at a suitable resolution - that way it will be the size you want it.

Rennaissance 23:16 20 Feb 04

or open the picture in paint and save it as a jpg image and then resend it. It should be much much smaller.

Johnny Pepper 10:27 21 Feb 04

bretsky, thanks for the reply. Yes I am using XP. I am aware of how to reduce picture size as an attachment but don't know how to reduce it when inserting it into the body of the email message. Any ideas? I did read how it can be done in a recent edition of PC Advisor but as is always the case, when you want it you can't find it.

Johnny Pepper 10:29 21 Feb 04

Thanks for your advice, but the pictures are already jpg's.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:33 21 Feb 04

In Outlook go to create mail-insert-picture and the picture will be inserted in the main body and not as an attachment. A nify and free programme for resizing photos is photoresizer from click here

G

bretsky 14:22 21 Feb 04

Don't know whether this little exercise would help you, but I have just tried this.

Open OE>create new mail>insert>picture>piture source browse>select jpeg>ok, then you should see your picture in the message pane>click anywhere on the picture and on all corners hover your mouse and you will see arrow heads for resizing>click & drag your mouse till you are happy with the size of the image.

I know that this works, I have just emailed my self, including a picture in the main body of the text, you have to view your massage in html.

Don't know how to reduce resolution size,in other words, if you are sending a hi res picture don't know how to reduce pixel size.

I suppose this is where Gandalfs photo resizer comes in handy!!!!!!!

Anyway something to ponder.

Good luck....................bretsky;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…