Outlook Express and Photos

rowdy 16:27 25 Sep 03

Why is it that when I attach a file to an outgoing email, if it is a photograph it is received in both the body of the email and as a seperate attached file whilst all others are just received as an attached file. The file format of the photograph does not appear to make any difference.

I have tried sending in both HTML and plain text but it still happens.

rowdy

wildrover 17:09 25 Sep 03

This happens in HTML if "send pictures with messages" is ticked - Tools, Options, Send, HTML settings. I'm not sure why it should happen in plain text but are you sure that the message is actually going in plain text? Try checking under format in the new mail that rich text HTML is not checked. If it is, check plain text.

rowdy 17:55 25 Sep 03

Send pictures with messages is not ticked ,plain text is selected and it shows as so under format in new mail. Still the picture shows in main body of email. I am beginning to wonder if this is another unsung microsft 'improvement ' I got by updating Outlook express.

Thanks for your response

rowdy

wildrover 18:52 25 Sep 03

Updated to OE 6?

rowdy 23:46 25 Sep 03

Yes OE6

rowdy

AlanHo 00:47 26 Sep 03

I use OE6 and can confirm that any attached graphics are repeated in the message body when I select HTML or Plain Text - it makes no difference.

wildrover 10:45 26 Sep 03

I've just sent myself a photo in plain text from home, sending and receiving in OE - the picture was in the body message as you say! This doesn't happen when I send pictures in plain text to my work address - first class email client - I wonder if it is read thing?? There is an option in first class to "show images" but no similar option OE. Sorry if the info was misplaced but it was well meant!

rowdy 11:45 26 Sep 03

Thanks for your imput I think I will just accept it as an OE6 feature and try to train 'the management ' to use a better email system. Trouble is her emails vastly outnumber mine and she usually does not appreciate the updates/improvements I make if it involves any changes to her working methods.

rowdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5