Outlook Express "performed an illegal operation"

Tyro 18:01 22 Jan 03
  Tyro 18:01 22 Jan 03

My son was exiting Outlook Express when the message came up "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown". He clicked on OK and since then we have been unable to access Outlook Express. When you click on the icon or select Read Mail from the browser nothing happens.
What do I need to do to access Outlook Express again?
We haven't installed any software or downloaded anything or made any changes. It just happened!
I'm running Windows 98 with 128 Mb RAM. I have Norton SystemWorks installed but have had for 2 years without problem so it shouldn't be that. Any help would be much appreciated. TYRO

spikeychris 18:10 22 Jan 03

Tyro you don't say what version of OU you are using but try this

Go to Control Panel/ Add/Remove Programs/Microsoft Internet Explorer ? and Internet Tools...
Hit the add/remove button and you will be given the choice to "add component", "REPAIR" or
restore to previous version choose the repair option.

Tyro 20:39 24 Jan 03

Sorry, have been away. Tried what you said spikeychris but still no joy. Was using outlook express 5 at the time. I updated it to outlook express 6 to see if that helped but it didn't.
I have now accidentally deleted OE6! Is there any way to get it back. I am lost without my e-mails. Help please!!!

Tyro 22:36 24 Jan 03

Have downloaded IE6 and now have OE6 which I am now using. Problem therefore resolved.
Many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…