Outlook Express and .pdf attachments

MichaelPaul 12:33 20 May 03

Outlook Express will not let me access .pdf attachments. The reason for this may be that the attachments are too large. Freeserve helpdesk have told me that there is a website where I can (a) find the maximum size of attachment that OE will allow, (b) actually read and print off from the site any rejected attachments. (I have both Mailwasher and Norton Anti-Virus, so I don't think the attachments were rejected by OE on safety grounds.) Freeserve's instructions were by no means clear, and I can't find the site. Any ideas, please?

King Diamond 12:39 20 May 03

Is it just .pdf files, or any attachments?

Maybe the settings of your mail checkers need to be reconfigured to allow certain attachments to be downloaded.

Valvegrid 12:40 20 May 03

Are you actually receving the attachments? If so what is OE telling you when you try to open them?

Paul.

_Treb_ 12:44 20 May 03

In OE - Tools - Options - Security, is the box do not save or open attachments that may contain viruses checked? If so try unchecking it.

MichaelPaul 14:55 20 May 03

1) King Diamond: It's only pdf files.
2) Valvegrid: Yes, I am:'OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments to your mail: Excerpts.pdf'
3) Treb: This suggestion has been made by Nigel Rees (it's the American Quote-Unquote office which is trying to send me the files), who says it's worked for him without dire consequences, so I'll try it and report back.
Thanks to all of you.

MichaelPaul 10:45 21 May 03

Unchecking the 'deny access' box seems to have worked: I've received the .pdf file from Mr Rees. Thanks again to the respondents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…