Outlook Express password to connect to server?

Border View 12:21 10 Feb 05

I run Windows 98SE and use Outlook Express 6. I am on broadband with Pipex and have e-mail accounts with them. I have set up a new spare e-mail address with Tiscali and have set up the account in Outlook Express.

My problem is whenever I try to send/receive e-mails I get a box which says - Logon - pop.tiscali.co.uk Please enter your user name and password for the following server. My user name and password are there and are correct, when I click cancel (because thats the only way to proceed) I receive information to the effect:
Server Error 0x800CCC90 and Error No. 0x800CCC92

I have changed my password. Can anyone please advise where I might be going wrong.

Look forward to hearing from you.

mrwoo 12:30 10 Feb 05

I had the same problem with a O2 mail account on blueyonder broadband. O2 said it was because their mail address had to be the default for sending & receiving and not a second address. I didnt get the same problem using onetel as a second adress.

Might be worth checking if tiscali is the same. Not exactly a solution, more a workaround but might sort it.

octal 12:57 10 Feb 05

If your account is with Pipex make sure all outgoing messages are sent through the same smtp.

Check on your working account it could be something like smtp.dls.pipex.com but you should be able to see that in your working one if you check the configuration.

Border View 14:13 10 Feb 05

OK so I have decided not to use the Tiscali e-mail address and have instead set up a second mailbox with Pipex (had not realized I could have up to 12).

I have set the new account up exactly as I should in Outlook express, but am still getting the same problem with this box asking me to enter my password.

Any further suggestions would be really appreciated to tell me where I am going wrong or how to remedy this situation.

Border View 14:25 10 Feb 05

Sorted - I was entering the incorrect account information on Pipex.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…