Outlook express to outlook on windows 7

Crashetta 16:35 25 Nov 10

I want to move my Outlook Express emails to Outlook 2007 just installed on my Windows 7 laptop. The one that comes with the professional office 2007!
The address book is taking forever to install and wondered if i will have the same problem with my emails of which there are quite a few.

Any ideas on a quick way to do this?
Thanks, Tim.

FreeCell 16:49 25 Nov 10

You don't say what you have done so far, but here is a guide to the necessary actions. You need to import into Outlook.

click here

Hope it helps

Crashetta 17:07 25 Nov 10

Thank you Freecell. We are trying to download Outlook express from my old laptop on a memory stick and then download into Outlook on the new laptop.I must have over 1000 email addresses and it seems to be doing them one at a time. The diagnostics say running then not running and so on if that helps!

FreeCell 18:06 28 Nov 10

There is a size limit for Outlook Express files (2G) which sounds a lot but given you have 1000 email addresses in your contacts you may have similar large volumes of emails (attachments add to the size).
Personally not tried to migrate anything like that volume of contacts but have a look at click here for tips on reducing the overall size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017