Outlook Express - Outlook

Hels 12:53 27 May 03

I have been using Outlook Express for many years and now I have a small business I'm using ACT! to keep all my contacts, appointments.... etc.
Unfortunately Outlook Express is not as compatible with ACT! as Outlook is. Having spoken to a friend who also has ACT! and a Palm to use with ACT! the same as myself he tells me that Outlook is much better.
I have always either taken Outlook off my system or not installed it and wondered if just by simply installing the software it would automatically take over from Outlook Express. I obviously have A LOT of information within Express and the last thing I need is to lose the lot! My OS is XP Pro.

VoG™ 15:59 27 May 03

Yes it should "take over" - if it doesn't you can set it as the default e-mail program from Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options, Programs tab.

Once you've loaded Outlook, ude File/Import-Export to import things from Outlook Express, ACT etc.

rawprawn 17:54 27 May 03

VoG is right,I did it myself, I think it asked during set up to take over from Outlook Express, & it is a lot better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…