Outlook Express to Outlook

heidelberg 10:36 27 Apr 03

I have recently installed a new HDD (80gb) and reinstalled windows xp home edition.

I am having difficulty changing the default email client from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook.

Going to tools>>accounts in OE reveals the default messaging programm option telling me that OE is the default messaging program and the "Make Default" button is greyed out, so I can't change it. Any suggestions?

AndySD 10:40 27 Apr 03

Try Going to Tools at the top of this page and choose Internet Options then Choose Programs and set it there.

MAJ 10:41 27 Apr 03

In IE go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab and see if you can change it there from the dropdown menu, heidelberg.

huzzar 11:11 27 Apr 03

I dont really understand what is happening here - If your email client is - say OE and this is your default client then , when you open Outlook for example, a box should come up telling you that Outlook is not your default client and would you like it be. answering yes to this message will make Outlook your default and also let you transfer all your OE files over.

This is what happens on my computer under Win98SE and I cant see it being any different in XP.

or am I wrong???

heidelberg 12:02 27 Apr 03

Thanks to all responses - as usual it was far too simple for me to grasp!! Andy SD & MAJ I did as you suggested and of course it worked!

huzzar I agree with your comment - but the box didn't materialise asking if I wanted to make Outlook the default.

All is now well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…